The well-known web marketing firm, Hubspot.com, just sent along some very significant inbound marketing statistics with permission to publish. They're fascinating and especially illuminating.
1. In 2012, there were 6X as many display ads shown as there were total web pages on the internet. That's 2,502 display ads per internet user.
2. In 1998, the average consumer saw or heard 1 million marketing messages--almost 3,000 per day. That was 15 years ago--before smartphones, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn. . .
3. 63% of consumers need to hear company claims 3--5X before they actually believe it.
4. In fact, a high-impact recommendation from a trusted friend conveying a relevant message is up to 50X more likely to trigger a purchase than a recommendation from a stranger.
5. Nearly 3/4 (73%) of online consumers get grustrated with websites when content (e.g. offers, ads, promotions) appears that has nothing to do with their interests.
6. Did you also know that personalized emails improve clickthrough rates by 14% and conversation rates by 10%? Yup.
7. So much so that 62% of adults under 34 are actually willing to share their location for more ...